Phosphate Analyzer and Control System
The measurement of Phosphates and total Phosphates is useful in a variety of industrial and municipal wastewater treatment applications. Phosphates and total phosphates are commonly measured before the release of treated wastewater effluent from power and chemical plants where they occur in boiler feed water and cooling water systems. In addition, they are measured in municipal drinking water and sewage treatment plants.
While phosphorus is naturally present in the environment and used in the fertilization of agricultural crops, it is a danger to the sensitive aquatic plants found in surface waters such as streams, rivers, ponds, lakes, etc. Phosphate pollution is a serious concern, and it is monitored by governmental authorities around the globe to protect plant life, animals and humans from the effects of over-exposure.
The CA-6 Colorimetric Phosphate Analyzer helps wastewater treatment engineers to measure these parameters accurately and reliably, via on-line sequential sampling. It automatically samples, analyzes and then processes results. The colorimetric method of water analysis relies on an LED light source and a heated colorimetric cell designed for measuring trace amounts of an analyte in the water, which is equivalent to the phosphate levels present.
- Touch screen interface
- Blue Low ranges: 0.01 to 4 ppm P-PO4 (12.5 ppm PO4) for the 26 mm cell, 0.05 to 10 ppm P-PO4 / (30 ppm PO4 ) for the 16 mm cell; up to 400 ppm P- PO4 / 1200 ppm PO4 with internal dilution
- Yellow High ranges: 0.05 to 10 ppm P-PO4 (30 ppm PO4) for the 26 mm cell – 0.1 to 16 ppm P-PO4 / (50 ppm PO4 ) for the 16 mm cell; up to 640 ppm P- PO4 / 2000 ppm PO4 with internal dilution
- Outputs: 2 x 4-20mA, Modbus RTU, and 4 x SPDT configurable alarm relays
- Configurable data logging, storage and output
- Repeatability: +/- 5%
- Operating temperature: 41- 113°F (5-45°C)
- Mounting: Wall or with optional bench support
- Power supply: 110-220Vac, 50/60Hz
- Weight: Approx. 44 Lbs (20 Kg)
- Dimensions: 15″L x 24″H x 9″D
- Industrial Processes
- Drinking water
- Power and Utility
- Cooling Towers
- Boiler feed water
- Industrial and municipal waste water
- Surface water